Where did the weekend go?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." - Epictetus

I thought I knew how to take care of myself in events of minor health ailments like the common cold. Over the weekend, I learnt that in fact, I don't, entirely. For some funny reason, I resisted taking tablets, tried resting to reduce the fever, and ended up worsening it. Of course, that I wasn't at my home, is a direct contributor to the aggravation of the conditions. But it is surprising to me how easily, I let go of common sense.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. But what of those that do not end well? Like work, for instance. When everything is supposed to go just fine, but in actuality, not a thing does. It feels like despite being well prepared, something really will go wrong. Always. What should have taken 4 hours, has taken 4 days. Not much I can do about it.

I love weekends. A bit of performing chores, a bit of TV, lots of reading newspapers... Relaxing. Therefore, it is ironic that I had to spend this current weekend in such manner. Ill, underslept, overworked, hungry and exhausted. Too much rant.

On the flip side, I did learn a new thing. In India, you can't patent a software per se. Imagine that. If you come up with an app, for example, it can be copied. I'm not saying this is wrong. I have no knowledge of patents. But it is a curiosity; how does one safeguard his creation in India? Surely there would be some way to do it. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many IT companies in India. That is something to research on - how to safeguard your code in India.

Comments