Good things and bad things

I can't sleep. Out of excitement. Also, out of sadness. I will not mention the cause of the pain but I'll focus more than needed on the excitement instead.

There's been some realisation that you can also be a businessman without a lot of money. A plan is brewing in my head that looks great at the outset. Turns out that if you can solve a problem, then you can make that solution a business. At times, somethings are so commonplace, that they don't seem to be a problem. If you've always been walking on the ground, the absence of a tail to hang from the trees is not a problem. If the only phones you see have buttons, using buttons isn't a problem...

Until, iPhone!!

Similarly, there maybe a solution in my head for something that's not yet a problem. In fact, I'm thoroughly convinced that once this is seen by people, they're gonna go, "how did we even manage before this?"

I'm not an entrepreneur in the strictest sense. I'm more of a guy with an experimental bend of mind. What's currently cooking is an experiment to see if a secondary source of income is possible, at the most granular level. At the most ambitious level, I'm hoping this will make me a millionaire. At least.

If this post reaches any person who has worked their way up to great wealth, I'd love to know if at the beginning of your ventures you would allow yourselves dreams of scales that seemed inappropriate for your life at that time. Was it wrong if you saw yourself discussing orders with a client in Singapore when you've never been out of the country? Did you see it as a possibility that you would be chauffeured around in an S Class when you barely used your automatic hatchback due to its comparatively low mileage? Worse, did you doubt yourself in the middle of those visions? And did you then argue with yourself that this will happen and that you're gonna make it happen? That would launch the optimist in you against the pessimistic twin in a raging debate where you go from smiling at the best possible outcomes and bite your nails at the worst possible outcomes while offering a silent prayer to the powers that be to give you the most probable outcome. Add a request: please let it also increase my net worth.

All the above stand true in my case. Sleepless nights: check. Self doubt: check. Fear convinces you to abandon: check. Work drive you so crazy that your idea seems glorious: check.

Will this work out? Can I have a sustainable business? Am I gonna make it happen? Yes, I think.

Only time will tell.

Comments