The happiest man in the world.

In pursuit of perfection. Better than the best. A position of a greater achievement.

Phrases that are open ended and probably irrational. How do you define perfection? How can there exist something, that is better than the best? Sometimes, we chase dreams that are irrational. It works for some, it doesn't for the others.

I met with an old acquaintance today; turns out he grapples with the same demons that I do. Our jobs are good, yet never always satisfying. The work we do is worth doing, yet never complete. Tasks that are trivial but unavoidable, bosses that are ambitious but irrational. It is the same for many others, maybe worse.

The world's happiest man has a terribly simple philosophy for achieving happiness. In fact, he can share that in two words - "be happy." Ricard Mathieu says, if you want to be happy, don't look for happiness. Start becoming happy instead. I thought of that as applied to my life. I live a good life, a comfortable life. Decent incomes, not too much of loans, good friends, great family and a wonderful soulmate. So what more is needed? While all of these are susceptible to change - and most likely will - they are still something that I do have right now. I might like a Bentley, but it is not needed. I have a car. So, yes, I should be happy.

I am happy.

Comments