Corporate Kattappa

That's what I named myself my current avatar today.

Of late, I've gotten to grow a beard. It's still just about 40 - give or take - days old, but it's quite unique. I have curly hair, so it's no surprise that my beard is very curly as well. It had become a constant fight to tame it and keep it hugging my cheek/jaw bone, but that did not look as nice as I would have liked.

If you ask my wife, she's gonna say any beard on me makes me look like an oversized steel scrubber that wears glasses, but that is for a different day to discuss.

So I'm now not fighting my beard but allowing it to curl like it wants to, and to my eyes, the closest it comes to is Kattappa's beard, when he would have been about 20 years old. Here's an image for your laughter:


It's probably an insult to Kattappa's beard even, but hey... I think what I think. So right now I am going to grow this and see how it is going to look. If nothing else, it's going to help me start a few conversations. So I'm hunting for a good beard oil and other relatives of that, and I'll do a few more posts about that in the days to come.

Best beard in Bangalore, anyone? * clutches tummy in laughter *

Comments