Privileges... - From a decade ago.

I cannot thank enough my friends from PK’s group who introduced me to Bhagini Samaj. It matters not what it is to be called, for each time I go there I am flooded with emotions and thoughts of various kinds. It becomes inevitable to introspect and I find myself so highly privileged in life. Everything seems to be a luxury. The last time that we went, there was a couple that had come there with PAV BHAJI for all the kids there and my friends Prajna, Greeshma and Shreeshma served them. It was a cute thing to see. Each time that I am there, I feel so moved. It was for us, ‘after all PAV BHAJI’ whereas for them it was a special occasion. It was a bonus that rarely comes, which they find so irresistible that they stealthily dip their fingers into and taste, before saying their prayers. I have never been hungry and yet I have never prayed before eating anything, and they have never eaten anything without praying. For me, my camera is now a part of me; something commonplace. Being in a photo is so irrelevant that it totally slips off my mind [my mum always scolds me for that! :) ]. But for them it is a privilege, an achievement to be photographed. Just looking at themselves in various poses gives them a joy that I have would I feel if maybe I won a million dollars. The new umbrellas that a family gave them were nothing short of a treasure! Most of them were reluctant to open them so that it would remain new for as long as possible. And here I am, always cribbing and complaining. I have so much in life, yet it feels like it isn’t enough. There is a major contrast in life... there is a major contrast in the lives that I saw, and in the life that I dream of. All I can do is write about it, and pray for them. I hope the guilt sort of feeling soon dispenses. I do not believe I am strong enough to keep them in mind nor motivated enough to strive for their betterment. What I do is temporary and tiny... :(
May God forgive me and share my blessings with them too.

Comments