Shit happens.

This is going to be a long one.

Having decided to start blogging on a daily basis, no matter what, I clearly slipped up and have been absent from the scene for a long time. The story of my life.

Anything that catches my attention, for the better or the worse, I would put it on this blog, was the idea. The grand scheme of things, so to say. So if my absence is to be considered, it would be derived that nothing caught my attention for a long time now. Bollocks.

Not again. This time, even if it is a line I will still write every day. Even if it is something as mundane as cribbing about traffic at Silk Board.

Keeping up with the times is going to be a far-fetched goal for someone like me who cannot keep up with his own desires and intentions. Goals are fruitless ambitions if daily routines cannot be cemented.

You ever have that one friend who believes in you more than you do? It could be your mother or your spouse or that cranky boss who's always like, "The reason I am so strongly pressurizing you is that I know you can do a lot more" and so on. There was this one friend of mine who quite simply asked me the other day, "hey, what happened to your blogs?" And that was all that was needed for me to pick up the pen again, so to say.

Over the past few months, I have been on a fantastic journey. A few ups and a lot more downs, too many changes and a lot more ideas. I've got no clue where I will be in a few days/years but I know this journey will be superbly amazing.

Unusually for me, I am becoming able to see myself in a different light. My attempts at becoming self-critical are improving. I'm not saying that the results are good. I'm only saying that I can now look at myself in the third person and try to analyse if whatever I'm doing is OK or not as judged by me. A bit paradoxical and narcissistic all at the same time. That's me.

Somehow, I don't know if this is really what I wanted to write/say/bring out to the world, but I am just plainly dumping anything sane that is germinating in my brain. I only hope that this won't turn out to be one of those posts that people see after a few years and go, "Jeez, what was I thinking!"

Ultimately, this is where this post stops. But I hope this is not where the ride ends. May this blog not meet the same destiny as my previous ones, and may it live a new life every day.

Comments